This image refreshes every minute
during the daylight hours. Clicking on the image toggles a Clear Day Reference image.
Archive videos are here.
in 1942 the Department of the Army acquired 442 acres from the County of
Humboldt and then transferred the parcel to the Department of the Navy in 1944. The Navy acquired an additional 223
acres in late 1944, and the entire 665-acre site became a Naval Auxiliary Air Station (J09CA0799).
In 1950 the Air Station was donated to the Humboldt County Department
of Aviation (1950) which improved the facility. It has become the Arcata/Eureka
Airport, the major airport in Humboldt County.